Sunday, May 23, 2010

As if I didn't already know........

Back when I still thought it was a good idea for me to "find someone", I will readily admit to utilizing cyberspace and on-line dating sites in pursuit of that goal. One of the services which I looked into was "eHarmony". For those of you who do not know the ins and outs of this, it goes something like this -

1) You fill out a questionnaire (in eHarmony's case, a VERY long questionnaire).
2) You submit it, and they connect you with people who seem to be a good "match".
3) You meet on your own accord, fall in love, get married, have kids, have an affair, and lose all your shit in divorce court (or something like that).

Now, in order to be matched properly, it is stressed that you are COMPLETELY honest when initially filling out the questionnaire.......which I was. "CLICK" I awaited my list of potential Mrs. Wrongs. What I received back was this.....an email saying, and I'm paraphrasing, "Ummm, look dude, despite the fact that 20 million people use this service, we have not a single "match" for you. So like, don't waste your money. Good luck, freak.".

It's funny, I guess I already knew that.........but it's quite illuminating to see it in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment