Monday, August 2, 2010

Apples and........apples.

On September 11 (the irony of which is hysterical to me), 2008, the PA "smoking" laws took effect. We all know about it, so I won't bother with the details of the law. The reason for it (essentially) was the "risk" to the health of those forced to share a space with me and come in contact with "second hand smoke" (in other words, fear of death). Ok, now I can't smoke where I want..........but I dealt with it. The "public" spoke and got what they wanted......... and I bit the bullet and headed outside so as to not "endanger" any of the non-smokers in a public place. It's that "in a public place/forced to share" thing that got me thinking about something else today..........

Everyday I am "forced to share" a public place with the general public.........and my life is endangered constantly by the actions of others. It has been proven time and time again that driving while using a cell phone is incredibly dangerous.....not only to yourself, but to anyone else in that "shared public space". The connection is easy to make, yet universally ignored because EVERYONE has a cell phone.......and only awful people smoke, right? My point is this.....bite the bullet, put down the phone like I put down my cigarette.............save your own life and maybe mine as well........otherwise, like I said before, you're just another full-of-shit asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment